Welcome to Muddle’s documentation!¶
- Introduction to Muddle
- Quick start: so you’ve been asked to work on a project using muddle
- Welcome to Muddle
- Muddle’s view of the build process
- Build Descriptions and the muddle database
- Multiple Files and Inheritance in Build Descriptions
- Environment variables, sudo and instructions
- Use Of Libraries
- Version control
- The build process
- Available Muddle Commands
- Tips and tricks
- Any other queries?
- muddle and its directories
- About this chapter
- Notation in this chapter
- An overview of the directory structure
- A simple example build
- The mechanics of the build - the build description
- Some naming conventions
- Introspection of the dependency tree
- Checking out the source code
- The mechanics of the build - the makefile
- Building a package
- Rebuilding things
- Do what I say, not what I do
- Adding a new checkout/package
- Version stamps
- Muddle workflows - or how to use muddle in real life
- Muddle and weld - how to use muddle with weld
- The muddle command line
- Instruction files
- Project lifecycle support: how to manage maintenance branches
- Distributions, licenses and
- What we want to do
- What is a distribution?
- Source distribution
- Binary distribution
- Deployment distribution
- Filtering the labels distributed
- Basic setting up of Licenses
- The other standard distributions
- Avoiding unnecessary GPL “propagation”
- Build descriptions
- Refining binary distributions
- Creating your own distributions
- Finding out about distributions
- Muddle commands
- More license stuff
- The muddle release mechanism
bash: <toolchain>/bin/arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc: No such file or directory
./autogen.sh: line 3: autoreconf: command not found
- So what should I apt-get install?
- bash or dash?
- Why didn’t my
- How do I pull in a “meta” checkout?
- Build out-of-tree. Please.
- How do I get back to a clean checkout state?
- How do I build my kernel?
- How do I change my kernel configuation?
- How do I update a shallow checkout?
- How can I make sure the correct toolchain is available?
- Do you have a picture of a label?
- Mechanics: how “promotion” of subdomain labels works
- Issues with GNU autotools
- Muddle patch
muddleclasses, methods and functions
- The muddle documentation and sphinx and ReadTheDocs